Sunday, February 18, 2018

Did Moses Write the Torah?


It is written:
And Moses wrote down all the words of the LORD… Exodus 24:4 (ESV)
Moses wrote down their starting places, stage by stage, by command of the LORD… Numbers 33:2 (ESV)
Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write this as a memorial in a book…”Exodus 17:14 (ESV)
There are others, but you get the drift. Even more importantly, at least to me appears in the New Testament, in red letters mind you. I believe John to be the most important of all books canonized. It is at one time, more cryptic, with more symbolism and coded than all the books canonized. Having said that, it is most like the Gospel of Thomas which was not canonized due to what was written in one verse: “It is within you”. That is a remarkably important verse and it was not in keeping of the dogma of the day. However, the canonization missed the same allusion in John. They missed it due to their own arrogance. This is what Christ said with respect to Moses:
For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?” – John 5: 45-47 (ESV)
I would have to review the Gospel of Thomas again to make certain but I am pretty sure that appears in Thomas as well.
I have it on good authority and it is in black and white that Moses was the author of the Torah. That being the case, I require incontrovertible evidence to think otherwise. There is none. There are a lot of scientists who reject the idea for various and sundries reasons. However, all they have are theories, hypotheses. Some scientists actually believe when they postulate a hypothesis that it is proof. Not! My bachelor of science and graduate studies tells me that ain’t science.
See my accompanying post, “Who Were the Sumerians”.

No comments: