Thursday, February 4, 2010

Go Naked Short

Go Short


• Hearings on Hill now are all aimed at punishing Wall Street and the GOP and will not even mention Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac prior to the election. Wall Street does NOT want to hear that.

• The direction the election is heading, in no small part due to the above, and below, is NOT what Wall Street wants to hear, so the discounting has begun in earnest.

• The Bailout bill was a dog and no one on Wall Street expects Washington to all of a sudden grow a set of cahones and say NO MAS! It should NEVER have happened.

• I, Mr. X, am a smart investor and I know how the stock & paper markets work--what do I do, starting tomorrow?

• Short the market.

• If the election goes to Obama, I will Short the market, AGAIN!

No one is talking about it because they are more interested in being PC than in their country.
Dear Sir:

I know this is the second time I have commented on the Short Traders/Sellers subject and I do not wish to be redundant. However, I consider this to be inexplicably important. This practice was abolished following the Crash of '29 and for a good reason. A quick study of the factors that led to the Crash will support my contention. It is unconscionable to me that we fairly recently allowed for the dangerous practice again. If we do not bury it now, for the foreseeable future, the results may be devastating. There are several reasons going short may be the only way to make real money in this market presently: Wall St. /Main St. does not like the way this election is heading; neither likes the direction of these bogus hearings on the Hill - looking for every scapegoat except the ones that matter - Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac & ACORN; neither are too proud of the "rescue" plan. If this practice of short trading is not stopped, then I will join the party and start trading short as well.

Thank you for your good work and excellent constituent service. I remain a democrat for Wolf.

Steve Matthews

No comments: