Friday, July 17, 2009

Dear Mr wolf

Dear Mr. Wolf, 

 

I am appalled at the rush-job attempt to push this Health Care "Reform" Plan through before 07/31/09.

 

$1.5 Trillion to insure 46 Million uninsured is $32,609 per uninsured persons. This presumes these 46 million are actually "uninsured,” which is not true; it’s less than half that number.

 

As a citizen of this Great Nation and the Commonwealth of VA, I am sickened at the burden we are building for our future generations. And I’m more disturbed at the destruction of liberty that I am witnessing.

 

My father escaped from communist Bulgaria at the age of 42 in the late 1950s with only the clothes on his back.  His father was a General in the Austria-Hungarian Empire.  When the communists took over, they took everything away from him and his family.  He tried to succeed there, but every time he got to a certain point, he was 'asked' to join the 'party'.  When he refused due to his non-political nature he was terminated.  It did not take long for him to realize that if he were to succeed, the only was to come to America.  He got his degree in Civil Engineering from George Washington University, while working 2 or 3 jobs, and with grants and loans.  Not only did he pay back the loans, but he paid back the grants too.  He wanted someone else to benefit from those funds, as he had.  He was also a member of Tau Beta Phi Engineering fraternity, which required unanimous approval to join. 

 

I grew up in Bethesda, MD. My mom stayed home and my dad worked at the Washington Gas Light Company. Life was not easy for a 45 yr old, starting over with a foreign born wife and a young daughter.  We went without a lot, but we never thought to complain.  We were in America, the land of opportunity, where you just had to get an education and work hard. 

 

Thanks to my father's sacrifice, I’ve been graced with the abundance of opportunities available to hard-working individuals in this country. I work hard. I make good money; I pay my taxes (LOTS of them!) I save for a rainy day, for my own retirement, etc. I have health insurance, and I have NO issues with it. I go to whatever doctor I want, whenever I want, and my health records are not government property.

 

My father LEFT a country of communists that took over from Czars and Czarinas.  He must be SPINNING in his grave to know that the country he made such sacrifices to become a citizen of, has now adopted those titles as a matter of course.

 

When the WH says that I can keep my private health care plan, it’s not setting realistic expectations. Taxes will increase, and many employers will be forced to increase employee-paid premiums or not offer private insurance at all, then we will all be on government-run health care, which in my opinion is the goal.

 

It will kill small businesses. If we slap more taxes on the small businesses that drive the economy, they will simply raise prices, lay-off people, or just shut their doors.

 

This plan is NOT what the people want, contrary to what the WH is saying, and it’s surely not what the people need. It’s embarrassing.

 

Any and all of my future votes in upcoming elections will be most-determined by votes for/against stimulus plan(s) and this horrid health care reform plan.

 

Thank you for your time. Please listen to the citizens of your district and represent us the way we want to be represented.

 

Sincerely,

Barbara Nemechek


No comments: